Wednesday, August 11, 2010

TV Review: Breaking Bad Season One


After multiple Emmy wins and constant praise by friends, critics and viewers, I checked out AMC's Breaking Bad.  I recently completed watching the first season and I'm glad I did, because this was some of the best television I have ever watched.

The show tells the story of Walter White, a mild-mannered New Mexico chemistry teacher who after discovering that he has lung cancer decides to cook and sell crystal meth in order to save up money to support his pregnant wife and his son.  However, what we the viewer soon discover is that Walter's decision, might not be as altruistic as we were led to believe.  Walter has contained a dark persona his entire life and during the course of the season it begins to come out.  We follow Walter through this, where he initially tries to reject his dark side.  However Walter is eventually forced to show this side in order to survive.  What Walter soon discovers is that enjoys this dark side.

This change is fun to see on the screen due to the fantastic performance of Bryan Cranston, who turns in a great performance well worth all the allocades and awards he won.  Season one of Breaking Bad has glad that I have another two season worth of content to watch, I can't wait to follow the story of Walter White.




No comments:

Post a Comment