|Um, stuff is blowing up behind you|
The battle between the Autobots and Decepticons continues in Dark of the Moon. The Decepticon leader, Megatron has a plan to defeat Megatron and his Autobot team using ancient technology hidden on Earth's moon.
I was relatively satisfied with the plot events of Transformers. The bad guys had a plan to rule the world and they almost won. However the movie is very long and the action not beginning until ninety minutes into almost two and a half hour film. I am also tired of many of the things in this movie:
- I am tired of Shia Labeouf running around acting like a loud, fast talking fool. His character has gone from slightly annoying to highly annoying.
- I got tired of Michael Bay trying to force me to find Rosie Huntington-Whiteley sexy by doing so many gratuitous, lingering shots of her.
- I got tired of the Shia's parents, they serve no purpose, are not funny and take up too much time in an already long film
- I got tired of seeing robots that for some unexplained reason have human features such and dreadlocks and beards.
- I am tired of Autobots appearing out of nowhere just because it suits the plot. (I am talking about you Wreckers).
Even with all this, I still left the theater satisfied. The 3D done here is really good, I didn't think that it was distracting or poorly done. I hope this franchise is done because this movie ends definitively and satisfactorily. I do not think I could handle another film in this franchise. I'm done.
* 1/2 stars