Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Fall Season Begins: The New Girl



The pilot for Zooey Deschanel's new sitcom was just made available early on iTunes.

What worked for me:
  • Zooey does have an undeniable charm onscreen.
  • I like that one of the main characters is sort of a "bro" douchebag, it lead to some of the episodes funnier moments.
  • The male roommates are actually funny and have decent interaction with each other.
What didn't work for me:
  • The events of the pilot happen too quickly, the characters became best friends so quickly it seems rushed.  However I suppose it was necessary to get the plots going.
  • The hint at the main romance between the Zooey and one of the roommates too quickly.
  • Zooey isn't actually that funny, just really cute.
I know that the show is called New Girl, so most storylines will concentrate on main character, however I hope that they can integrate the other three guys or even Deschanel's model friend otherwise this show will get real stale, real fast.

** Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment