The pilot for Zooey Deschanel's new sitcom was just made available early on iTunes.
What worked for me:
- Zooey does have an undeniable charm onscreen.
- I like that one of the main characters is sort of a "bro" douchebag, it lead to some of the episodes funnier moments.
- The male roommates are actually funny and have decent interaction with each other.
What didn't work for me:
- The events of the pilot happen too quickly, the characters became best friends so quickly it seems rushed. However I suppose it was necessary to get the plots going.
- The hint at the main romance between the Zooey and one of the roommates too quickly.
- Zooey isn't actually that funny, just really cute.
I know that the show is called New Girl, so most storylines will concentrate on main character, however I hope that they can integrate the other three guys or even Deschanel's model friend otherwise this show will get real stale, real fast.